COVID-19 Adaption Grant Program
The Queensland Government has announced a second round of grants to assist small businesses impacted by the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Grants of up to $10,000 (minimum of $2,000) will be available until the $100 million fund has been exhausted. The fund will be shared equally between South East Queensland and Regional Queensland businesses.
Is my business regional?
Your business is categorised as regional if it is NOT located in one of the following local government areas:
- Brisbane City Council
- City of Gold Coast
- Ipswich City Council
- Lockyer Valley Regional Council
- Logan City Council
- Moreton Bay Regional Council
- Noosa Shire Council
- Redlands City Council
- Scenic Rim Regional Council
- Somerset Regional Council
- Sunshine Coast Council
- Toowoomba Regional Council
What do the grants cover?
The grants can be used towards the following and must be completed within 6 months of approval:
- financial, legal or other professional advice to support business sustainability and diversification
- Continuing to meet business operational costs including utilities, council rates, rent, telecommunication charges, insurance fees, licensing or franchise fees.
- Strategic planning, financial counselling or business coaching aligned to business development and diversification
- building the business through marketing and communications activities (e.g. content development – web pages, mobile apps, visual and audio media etc.)
- digital/technological strategy development
- digital training or re-training and up-skilling employees to adapt to new business models
- capital costs associated with meeting COVID-19 safety requirements
- specialised digital equipment or business specific software to move business operations online (e.g. logistics program for online ordering).
What are the eligibility criteria?
In order to be eligible your business must:
- have been subject to closure or otherwise highly impacted by current shutdown restrictions announced by Queensland’s Chief Health Officer on 23 March 2020
- demonstrate you have experienced a minimum 30% decline since 23 March 2020 over a minimum 1-month period due to the onset and management of COVID-19
- employ staff and have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant (employees must be on your payroll and does not include the business owner (s))
- have a valid Australian Business Number (ABN) active as at 23 March 2020
- be registered for GST
- have headquarters in Queensland
- have an annual turnover over $75,000 for the 2018-19 or 2019-20 financial year, or you can provide financial records that show this will be met for recently started small businesses.
- have a payroll of less than $1.3 million
- not be insolvent or have owners or directors that are an undischarged bankrupt
- not be a successful applicant from round one of this program.
Visit this website to determine if your business is eligible.
How to apply
Applications open on Wednesday 1 July 2020, prior to July 1 you can visit this page to check your eligibility and register your interest.
To prove eligibility you must provide one of the following:
- Business Tax Return
- CPA Accountant’s letter (must include CPA registration number) declaring turnover
To prove the impact of COVID-19 you must provide one of the following:
- BAS clearly showing reduction in turnover (for example BAS submissions over two quarters.
- Financial statements (showing reduction in turnover)
- CPA Accountant’s letter (must include CPA registration number) declaring 30% reduction in turnover
You must provide the following:
- An external quote/invoice/proposal/receipt clearly outlining the costs and product specifications (must also have visible logo, ABN and contact details for contractor).
- Declaration of employee head count
- Evidence of annual turnover
- Evidence of annual payroll
You will also need to detail what the project is, whether it’s operational or digital as well as commencement and completion dates.
In order to complete the application form you will need the following information on hand.
- Financial Reports for 2019/2020
- Financial performance – this will need to include annual turnover and gross profit
- Ownership of the business
- Number of staff employed by the business (must be less than 20)
Impacts of COVID-19 on the business:
- Staff reductions, lost trading and financial losses.
Business Contact Details:
- Phone, address, ABN etc.
Successful applicants will receive payment upon approval of their application.
If you require anymore information please contact us.